How to Ensure Your Product Videos are Successful
Integrating product videos into your e-commerce store can do great things for your business. It can improve conversions, it can increase sales, and it can enhance your overall brand image on the web. Of course, that’s only if your product videos are good. If they’re not, it can do the exact opposite – bringing down your sales and turning off customers in an instant.
So how do you ensure your product videos are done well and are effective in the long run? It’s easy; just follow these steps:
- Check out other retailers. Do some competitive research. What are other retailers in your space doing in regards to video? Are they creating simple product videos that show off one item at a time, or are they creating more promotional, commercial-style videos? What types of videos look best, and which ones do you think are ineffective? Which would work best for your brand? If possible, put together a list of retailers. On one side, list the retailers whose videos you like and want to mimic. On the other, write down retailers who you feel are doing it wrong and whose video style you want to steer clear of.
- Choose an experienced team. To really give your product videos the best chance at success, choose your production team wisely. Make sure they have experience not only with product videos, but also within your specific industry. This can provide invaluable knowledge that can make your videos even better and more powerful.
- Know your audience. Take some time to get to know your audience. What do they want, need and like? On the side, what do they dislike? Are they young, old, rich or poor? Do you mostly buy via smartphone, or are they more laptop and desktop users? This information will all play a crucial role in the production and creation of your videos. And the more you know, the better.
- Brainstorm ideas. When you meet with your producer and production team, come to the table with plenty of ideas and concepts for your videos. Make sure they speak to your products and your customers, and that they’re doable from a production standpoint. Be sure to address any logistical concerns with your producers as well.
- Come prepared. On the day of your video shoot, check, double-check and triple-check what you bring. You want to have everything you need, so your shoot doesn’t get delayed or slowed down in the slightest. This would not only prolong the time until your product videos are completed and on your site, but it will also cost you significantly more in production expenses. So before you leave for the shoot, make sure you have it all: your products, any accessories you want photographed, backgrounds, models, mannequins – anything at all you need.
Want highly effective, sales-inspiring product videos for your e-commerce store? Then come to Image Alive Studios. With extensive experience in video product, as well as industry know-how in hundreds of different sectors, we have what it takes to make your videos a success. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn more.