Best Practices for E-commerce Product Videos
If you’re going to spend the money and invest in product videos for your e-commerce store, then you want to be absolutely sure you’re producing the most effective, sales-inspiring videos possible. Fortunately, we’re here to help you do just that.
We’ve compiled a list of the best practices in product videography. Make sure your videos follow suit, and you’ll have increased sales, improved conversions and more revenues in no time.
- Optimize your videos for SEO – Videos hold huge weight when it comes to search engine rankings, so take advantage of this. In the title tags, descriptions and other detailed fields on your video, be sure to include plenty of keywords and descriptive terms that will help customers find your product. Also pay attention to meta tags, as well as any backlinks to the video on your site.
- Upload the videos to YouTube and embed them on your site – YouTube and Vimeo videos almost always come up at the top of search engine results. To make sure your videos have this chance, always upload them to these sites first, and then embed them directly on your product pages. Then, you’re video is driving sales on TWO different places!
- Show the product in use, if possible – If you can, try to show the product in use. This makes your product not only look good, but it makes it relatable to your customers. They can easily see, hear and feel how it would be to have that product in their own lives.
- Get detailed – If you have a complicated product, use your product videos to provide instructions on usage or set-up – anything that will make purchasing and using that product easier for your customers.
- Keep it short – Most people don’t have time to sit and watch a 5 minute video. They’re shopping online because they want a quick, easy solution, and they don’t want to waste time going to a store. Because of this, you generally want product videos to be no more than two minutes in length. So keep them concise, and get to the point as quickly as possible. Your customers will appreciate it.
Want to incorporate product videos into your e-commerce store? Then contact Image Alive Studio today. We’ll ensure you get the best, most powerful videos possible. Call us now to schedule a free consultation to learn more.